Have you ever received a call from a new number? You can just imagine how anxious it made you. It is difficult to pinpoint the location of these numbers without an internet connection. Various applications help to identify the name and location of the caller.
In this article, we will take a detailed look at 0333 numbers.
What is an 0333 number?
An 0333 number is a special phone number that cannot be associated with any geographical location. One cannot retrace them in the UK. Numbersupermarket states that the UK has recently witnessed a significant increase in the use of 0333 numbers.
0333 numbers are rarely used by individuals. They are landline numbers that are predominantly used by large organizations, such as businesses, government departments, and third sector organizations such as charities.
Cost of Calling 0333 numbers
It is not free to call a 0333 number. Charges apply according to the mobile service provider. Charges are billed in a standard way according to the customers’ calling plans. Below are some of the mobile service providers and how they treat calls to 0333 numbers.
1. Calling 0333 numbers on EE
EE limited is a telecommunications and internet service provider in the UK. It is the largest mobile phone network operator with 27.5 million subscribers as of October 2020, according to Statista.
EE treats 0333 numbers the same as other numbers that are identified according to geographical locations. Standard rates of 30p per minute apply when calling 0333 numbers from the EE network. If you are signed up for the free minutes program, you can call the 0333 numbers smoothly until your minutes run out.
2. Are 0333 numbers free on 02?
02 is the second-largest telecommunications service provider in the UK after EE. 02 subscribers are charged monthly for calls. 0333 numbers are not absolved from the monthly billing.
Free minutes on the network are deducted according to the minutes spent on the call. Once the minutes run out, the subscriber is charged 35p per minute. This signifies that 0333 numbers are set at a standard rate at 02.
3. Vodafone charges for calls to 0333 numbers.
Vodafone is a British mobile network service provider with a significant following. It is a brand of the Vodafone group. The versatile firm is the second-largest telecommunications company globally. In the UK, it is just the third-largest with 17.3 million subscribers.
Vodafone does not provide subscribers with free calls to 0333 numbers. There are two Vodafone call tariffs, Pay as you go and Pay Monthly. For the Monthly bundle subscribers, the cost for calling 0333 numbers is included in the monthly plan. If one exhausts the monthly bundles and needs to make a call to a 0333 number, the cost shoots up to 55p per minute.
For Pay as You Go clients, calls to 0333 are charged at 35p per minute. However, a user can buy Big Value bundles cover for calling 0333 at no extra call cost as long as one stays within the limit.
4. Calling 0333 numbers from BT
BT is a British multinational firm with vast operations in over 180 countries globally. It provides efficient mobile services in the UK, not to mention other diverse services like TV subscriptions and IT.
BT offers a range of calling plans to cover calls to 0333 numbers. These plans include:
- Unlimited Anytime calls – This offers free calls to 0333 numbers to be included in the calling plan.
- Unlimited Evening calls – This plan allows one to pay once for calls made between 7 am and 7 pm on weekdays. This plan also includes calls made to 0333 numbers.
- Unlimited weekend calls – All calls made to 0333 numbers during weekends are zero-rated.
5. Calling 0333 numbers on landline
Using a landline is the cheapest way to call 0333 numbers. Often, home landline packages will include free evening and weekend calls or similar incentives. In this case, if you call 0333 numbers during the free call periods, you will not be charged anything extra for making the calls. This can be particularly convenient.
However, if you call the 0333 number outside of these inclusive evening and weekend periods, you will be charged for making the call.
Sometimes calls to 0333 numbers appear to be free but they are not. This is because they are included in your monthly telephone charges on your landline.
Benefits of using 0333 numbers
As mentioned earlier, 0333 numbers are primarily used by businesses. These businesses would not prefer them if they didn’t bring anything to the table. Let’s take a look at the advantages of using these numbers.
- A significant aspect of providing service to a customer is to ensure that the customer can reach you easily. Affordable calling rates are an asset to businesses. If you buy a 0333 number, the rates motivate the customer to reach out to you.
- In this high-tech age, people are eager to do business with different firms worldwide. 0333 numbers elevate the base of local clients and enable them to expand their businesses. Small firms are also exposed to international clients since the numbers are not limited to any geographical location.
- 0333 numbers are very easy to recall. Potential customers who see your advertisement on TV or hear it over the Radio will want to contact you for more information. Listing an easy-to-remember number helps customers to remember it without having to write it down.
- Government organizations, financial institutions, and other elite firms like having 0333 numbers. There are those executive clients that get attracted to people and businesses using numbers such as 0333 numbers which are embraced by movers and shakers. Getting a 0333 number in your business elevates it, and clients see it as a better option than companies with limited geographical numbers.
In conclusion, 0333 numbers come with a lot of benefits for businesses that employ their services, be it large businesses or start-up firms. The necessary charges apply according to the mobile network service provider that you are using.